Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SPAM and analogy from dinner

We were having dinner (indian food) with friends. The rice had some spices (Bay Leaf) in it. See the picture below:

21072009439 - Share on Ovi

You can see the bay leaves seperated from the rice. Now the question was would you do it before you start eating your food. So, that you have a comfortable ride then on ....or .....remove them as you eat.....maybe depends on how hungry you are.....


Now the parallel analogy is ..... you get emails but there is SPAM in it ....do you delete them first or delete them on the run as you read.


So I had this thought while eating dinner with my Indian friends and I mentioned it to everybody. One guy who was yet to eat...... I told him about this hypothesis that ....since he has removed all the bay leaves before start eating his food .... would he also like to delete SPAM before reading emails ........surprise surprise ! he says yes!

I am not saying there is any correlation, but maybe there is ??? ... the readers of this post might want to check for themselves.

My hypothesis is that is not only about food eating but this behavior might be part of the personality, you prefer to clean your study table before you start studying etc. This behavior might also spillover into your mail/spam deleting habits.

3 comments:

  1. I posted this image on Ovi share ........ and last night for sometime ......the service was giving HTTP error 403 !

    It seems like Nokia is still learning how to run a website......I think they must outsource this work to Google ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:59 AM

    I think it is Kuldeep made tasteless "biryani" ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do both things when I have interesting emails I read them first if there is nothing interesting then I start to go the other way!

    Anyways nice thought!

    ReplyDelete